THE LETCHWORTH OPEN 2022 HAS PASSED. If you are interested in participating in the Letchworth Open 2023 please follow this link
The Letchworth Open is an annual exhibition that will take place at the Broadway Gallery between September and October 2022 celebrating our region’s creative community. Each year we aim to create Hertfordshire’s largest and most celebrated exhibition by bringing together some of the region’s most talent artists under one roof, whilst discovering new practitioners in our ever-expanding community. Additionally, the Broadway Gallery will be awarding three exhibiting artists a £1000 bursary and a solo presentation at the Gallery in 2023.
Submissions from all artists working in all media are welcome. There is no cost to enter, and all artists will be considered providing they meet the following criteria. Entries can be made by artists who are part of Letchworth’s creative community - being born, based or studied in Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Essex. All works submitted must be available for the duration of the exhibition from September through to November 2022.
If you would like to submit your artwork to the Open please complete the following form and read the submission guidelines below.
The Letchworth Open is free to enter, although if you can please consider donating to the Gallery. With your help we can ensure the Broadway Gallery is here for you. DONATE NOW
Submission deadline: Saturday 27th August
Condition of entry
- Artists can submit up to three works, but the Gallery will only select one for the Open.
- Unframed works on paper or prints may be submitted, if you do not wish for your work to be pinned or fixed by magnets please consider submitted an alternative artwork.
- All works submitted must be available for the entire exhibition period: 10 September – 30 October 2022.
- All selected works must be delivered to the Gallery between the following dates: 24 August – 28 August 2022 or 31 August – 4 September 2022.
- All exhibited works must be collected from the Gallery between the following dates: 2 November – 6 November.
- Images of your work may be used for press and marketing purposes, and visitors to the exhibition will have permission to include the work in their photographs.
- Artists who have previously received an Open bursary may submit their work but cannot be considered again for the bursary.
- A work over the specified size limited of 120cm on the longest edge.
- A work that has previously been exhibited in the Letchworth Open or Broadway Gallery.
- Digital print reproductions of original works.
- Artworks that are deemed to be offensive by the Gallery or that reinforce a negative stereotype.
We are using Microsoft Forms as a submission portal. Once you have completed your entry, please email images of your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any support or would like to submit your application in an alternative format, please contact Paul Davey at the Broadway Gallery.
Delivering my work
Notification will be sent by email (or telephone) requesting which work has been selected and when it should be delivered. All works must be unpacked on arrival. Please ensure the reverse of your work is clearly labelled or marked. If you are unable to deliver your work during the delivery period and are unable to arrange for a friend, family member or fellow artist to deliver your work please contact the Gallery.
The sale of any work exhibited in the Open will be subject to a 30% commission. The commission will be taken by the Gallery as the form of a deposit equal to the commission. For the purpose of any sale the Galley’s role will be to introduce the purchaser to the artist. The Galley does not have the authority to finalise the sale of your artwork. If for any reason, you do not conclude your sale, please inform the Gallery immediately so we can refund the deposit to the purchaser.
Your work must be collected between 2 – 6 November 2022. Please remember to bring your own packing materials. If you are unable to collect your work and are unable to arrange for a friend, family member or fellow artist to collect your work please contact the Gallery.